Angela's Blog
Categories
Archives
Visitor Locations
Top Sites

The Fundamental Top 500

He Chose the Cross

This song helps to show the reality of what Christ did for us. ¬†Another rendition can be listened to via the MP3 player on the site’s sidebar.

He Chose the Cross

1. To some it’s just an emblem a formality.
It’s a symbol that’s been used so frequently.
Many blaspheme and despise; though it’s ancient, it abides.
A shrine to death, it stands for life to me.

Chorus:
There was a cross made for the Son of God at Calvary.
Two pieces of rough timber on a hill.
Through His hands and through His feet,
He took the nails for you and me.
Angels watched as He did for the lost.
Though He could have walked away, He chose the cross.

2. You see why this old emblem is so dear to me.
It stood for suffering and it brought us peace.
It bridged the gap for man, of cleansing for our sins
An icon that reminds us that we’re free!

Chorus:
There was a cross made for the Son of God at Calvary.
Two pieces of rough timber on a hill.
Through His hands and through His feet,
He took the nails for you and me.
Angels watched as He did for the lost.
Though He could have walked away, He chose the cross.

Bridge:
God forbid that I should ever let my memory fade.
But forever keep the cross in view for that’s where I was saved.

Chorus:
There was a cross made for the Son of God at Calvary.
Two pieces of rough timber on a hill.
Through His hands and through His feet,
He took the nails for you and me.
Angels watched as He did for the lost.
Though He could have walked away, He chose the cross.

Though He could have walked away, He chose the cross.

9 Responses to He Chose the Cross

• daniel says:

greetings in Christ’s precious name, I am really blessed with the song “He Chose the Cross”. do you have the link where I can download the MP3 of this song (male version) because I am going to share it to the singers in our church & maybe sing it in our Missions Conference on October. . . Thank you & God bless.

Bro. Daniel

• Emily says:

Hey!!
    This song is awesome!!! I LOVE IT! You guys did amazing!! I sing with my brothers and sisters….but I think you all sing much better. I sing tenor and alto. I am 15 and I play violin, flute, piano and harp! Hope to hear from you guys sometime soon!! Keep up the AWESOME SINGING!!!
    GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!

EMILY
    Jude 22
    AGE :15

• Emily Rose Thiel says:

would you happen to have a piano part for this song? My brother sister and I would like to sing this song.
    Emily Thiel

• Angela says:

@Emily: Hello Emily! Thanks for you comments. As much as I’d like to take credit, this song was not sung by us, but rather by the West Coast Baptist College choir. Have a look on youtube for more from them. I wish I did have the sheet music for it. Our girls play the piano and guitar and sing anything from tenor to high soprano and harmonize too. :)

• Helen Boquecosa says:

Thanks for posting this song. This is really inspirational. I also listen to the other songs on the MP3 part. Could you add more songs to the MP3 list? Glory to God!

• Mark-AnthonyRector says:

Hey Y'all!
    look for it  under the Crabb Family, Jason Crabb who originally sings this song does a wonderful job

• May Anne Tuason says:

Hi! Thanks for this blog, i really like this song! I hope you have piano piece. Thank you, God bless