Adam & Eve’s Disobedience
From a Series on “Sin” from the book: as taught by Pastor Madle, March 16th, 2006
(This is a “fill in the blanks”. Underlined words are the answers.)
I. The Man Who Condemened The Human Race - Romans 5:12
A. The making of Adam - Genesis 1:26-2:7
1. Who made Adam? God
2. Of what was Adam made? The dust of the ground and the breath of God
B. The meaning for Adam. red - ruddy
C. The model for Adam
1. Adam was designed differently than animals.
2. Adam was made in the image of God.
D. The mandate for Adam.
1. Adam’s duties
- to reign and rule over the animals
- be fruitful, multiply & fill the earth
– subdue the earth
- to dress (work) the garden
– to care for the garden
2. What was Adam forbidden to do? To take of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good & evil
3. Why put such a tree in Eden? God wanted someone who would choose to serve Him.
4. What was Adam’s punishement to be if he disobeyed? “Thou shalt surely die.” – spiritually & physically. Genesis 2:17
5. Why did God place a penalty on mankind for disobedience? God is righteous & cannot look upon sin. He must punish it. He sets the rules.
II. The Sin That Condemned The Human Race - Genesis 3:1-7
A. The preparation for their sin.
1. Doubt - Genesis 3:1
- Satan questions God’s Word – vs.1
- Satan contradicts God’s Word – vs.4, John 8:44
- Satan rationalizes (uses twisted reasoning)
2. Distraction - Genesis 3:1,5
3. Discontent - Genesis 3:6
- what Eve couldn’t have, do, be
B. The Act of Their Sin - 1John 2:15-16, Jude 1:21
1. Unbelief - root of their sin - they stopped trusting God – Hebrews 13:5
2. Disobedience – Genesis 3:6
III. Result s of Adam & Eve’s Sin – Genesis 3:8-24
1. Adam & Eve – Genesis 3:7-8
- Tried to hide themselves from the prescence of God. Close fellowship was broken. Sin stood between them.
- Driven out of Eden
2. Eve – Genesis 3:16
- Sorrow in childbearing
- Husband would rule over her
3. The Serpent – Genesis 3:14
- Cursed above all animals
- Would now slither on the ground. Implication was he used to have legs
4. The Woman and the Serpent – Genesis 3:15
- Enmity between man & satan
5. The Ground – Genesis 3:17-19
- Ground is cursed
6. Adam – Genesis 3:19
- Will have to work very hard just to eat
- Will die (return to the ground)
7. Mankind – Romans 5:12
- All are made sinners, resulting in death